Skip to content

Get Started on Your Degree

Getting your Associate Degree for Transfer (also refereed to as ADT) is easy. Whether you’re in high school, community college or still exploring your college path, we have the resources to help you to move forward.

If you're currently in high school:

Start thinking about your interests and how they relate to a potential career. Look into the Associate Degrees for Transfer and the campuses that offer them. Also, talk to your school counselor about your plans. They can help you prepare academically and put you in touch with a community college counselor.

Most importantly, don’t neglect your class work:

  • Take college-track courses all through high school
  • Read and write often for school and for pleasure
  • Take an English class in your junior or senior year that concentrates on critical reading and writing
  • Take four years of math while in high school, including Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 with efforts to achieve at least a “B” grade
  • In your junior and senior year, take the Early Assessment Program test to find out if you are on track to be ready for college

Download our high school checklist to keep yourself on track. 

If you're already at a California Community College:

Head straight to your community college counseling center or schedule an appointment with a counselor who can help you determine which pathway is best for you, and work with you to develop an education plan to achieve your goal.

Download our checklist to keep yourself on track.

If you're currently not attending college:

Admission to any of California’s 115 community colleges is simple, if you are 18 or older, or you have a high school diploma or the equivalent, you can enroll today!

Begin the process online at


Find Your Path

Want to explore the Associate Degree for Transfer that are available at each California community college, and which California State University (CSU) campuses offer similar degree programs? Use our search tool to learn more.

To get more information about the participating independent, non-profit universities in California, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and/or Western Governors University that have been recently added to the transfer program, please click here.  

Please note: Since the agreement between the California Community Colleges and UC system was recently signed and does not take effect until fall 2019, the specific requirements are currently being defined and will be added to this website once approved.