Skip to content

Financial Aid

College can be expensive, but the following financial aid websites can help you apply for and get the money you need to start or continue your higher education path. Financial aid is available year-round to pay for fees and help with college costs like books, supplies and sometimes even rent. It's never too early to start planning, so apply today to see what you qualify to receive. 

Financial Aid Resources: Find out about the many different types of financial aid available and get information on how to apply for the aid that’s right for you.

Financial Aid Applications: When you’re ready to apply, visit one or more of the sites listed below to start and submit your application for financial aid.

Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement Awards: The Transfer Entitlement program was designed to assist California community college students who plan to transfer directly to a four-year university. To be considered for this program, you must:

  • Meet the general Cal Grant eligibility requirements
  • Have at least a 2.4 community college GPA
  • Have graduated from a California high school after June 30, 2000
  • Plan to transfer to a bachelor's degree-granting institution in the award year

For more information on Cal Grant Transfer Entitlement Awards, please visit the California Student Aid Commission's website

Opportunities, including financial aid, for Foster Youth:

NextUp, formally known as Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support (CAYFES), provides community college students with resources that make a difference. The program offers eligible current and former foster youth support and services that could include help with books and supplies, transportation, tutoring, food and emergency housing.